Sunday 10 February 2013

1 WEEK TO GO!!!

Soon I'll be glad to finally put away my hat, scarf and gloves, as I depart the freezing shores of England for the warmer climes of Malawi. But what about my coat, I hear you say, the fourth member of this essential winter quartet? That unfortunately will be coming with me. Turns out that Malawi is currently in the midst of its rainy season, which means 2-4 hours of torrential rain a day, 5 days a week. This month in Lilongwe (where I'll be initially based along with the rest of our awesome team) we'll be getting 4 times as much rain as London gets during the April showers. 

Wet it may be, but this can do nothing to dampen the growing sense of excitement and anticipation among our team. As I've already mentioned, it will certainly be warm out there, and this description also applies to the people we will meet. Malawi is often portrayed as 'the warm heart of Africa', for the simple reason that its population is renowned for its friendliness. We sincerely hope that we can reciprocate that trait during our brief stay. 

We've now got a much better idea of what we'll be up to once we arrive, but I'll leave that to another post (after all, I want to whet your appetite and make you come back to read this blog again!). If you've not checked out the tabs at the top of this page (especially the 'What? Where? When?' and 'Prayer Points' tabs), then I encourage you to do so. 

That's all for now folks!


No comments: